CAN BEING MORE CONNECTED TO YOUR STAR SIGN BRING YOU MORE HAPPINESS? OR WEARING A RUBY RING ON TUESDAY BRING MORE LUCK?
Posted on September 15 2015
Since ancient times, men and woman have been wearing their astrological signs and birthstones as jewellery for good luck, protection and empowerment. Jewellery can be meaningful and is so much more fun to wear when it is believed to resonate with our personalties or empower us in some way. Have a look at our Zodiac Pendants for a more inspired gift idea for birthdays, christening presents or bridesmaid gifts.
Over time, gemstones and our zodiac signs have been used to empower as well as decorate the wearer. In Egypt, and Babylonia, rare and beautiful gemstones were thought to have magical properties. People are said to have consulted astrologers for advice on wearing the appropriate gem or symbol for each occassiom. Ancient Egyptians carried scarabs and tiny figures of their gods for protection and luck. In India, an amulet designed with precious stones representing the known planets at the time. This very precious talisman is still being worn today. Even our fingers are thought to correspond to different planets. The Venus or third finger is the finger of love, which is why we wear our wedding and engagement ring on that finger.
Another astrological connection was the wearing of gems associated with a planet on that planets special day. Mars-ruled rubies would be worn on the Mars day, Tuesday, or moonstones on Monday. You could cover the basis by wearing all the gems in your horoscope at once. It can be a wonderful opportunity to create a bespoke piece of jewellery that lets you wear all of your horoscopes special stones in a unique design that you can feel connected with and treasure forever.
- Aries (March 21 - April 19) Diamond
- Taurus (April 20 - May 20) Sapphire
- Gemini (May 21 - June 20) Rock Crystal or Alexandrite
- Cancer (June 21 - July 22) Emerald, Ruby, Pearl
- Leo (July 23 - August 23) Onyx, Peridot
- Virgo (August 24 - September 22) Carnelian or Blue Sapphire
- Libra (September 23 - October 23) Peridot, Pink Tourmaline
- Aquarius (January 22 - February 18) Garnet or Amethyst
- Pisces (February 19 - March 20): Amethyst
- Scorpio (October 24 - November 21) Opal
- Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21) Topaz
- Capricorn (December 22 - January 21) Ruby or Garnet